Sharing the Love: RAK Week
As we draw closer and closer to the end of the month, we also come closer to many people’s favorite holiday: Valentine’s day, a day around the world designated to celebrate love. But, amongst the valentines, the chocolate, and the flowers, we sometimes forget about another international holiday that falls on the same week. This February, International Random Acts of Kindness Week, Feb. 9 – 15, coincides with Cupid’s busiest day of the year. And, while some might contribute with money or gift cards, there are many wonderful ways to participate with creative and simple acts that mostly only cost time.
1. For instance, this RAK Week, try eating lunch with someone new either at school or at work.
2. Donate some of your time volunteering at your kids’ school, with a charitable program, or at after school programs.
3. Think about how you are parking and make sure to leave a little extra space for other cars. It might make someone’s day if they can back out easily.
4. Smile! One smile at the right moment can totally change someone’s day.
5. Try some new foods or cook a meal all together as a family.
6. Send out a happy message to someone in need or reach out to a family member you might have forgotten to call recently.
7. Technically, this last idea requires donating money, but we thought it was worth mentioning. Pay for someone else’s meal as you leave the restaurant. It may make their night.
So, this Valentine’s Day, remember to spread the love that you show on the 14th over the course of the week. You never know whose day you might brighten with a simple act of kindness.
Do you have any great ideas on how to share the love this holiday season? Get a head start on your acts of kindness and comment below to share with readers how we can make this RAK Week the best yet.